Shopping with kids is always an adventure! That adventure doubles while shoe shopping. If you fear going shopping with your kids because of the chaos that comes along with it, then here are a few tips to help you out. To avoid the hassles of shoe shopping with your kids you can buy kids shoes from Babycouture.
There are many things to consider while buying shoes for your kids. For instance, the right size, quality, foot measurement, etc. are some of the parameters to look at before making the purchase decision.
Here are some things to consider and keep in mind when buying kids shoes:
Have Fun Shopping with Kids
Kids are extremely keen. They pick up the smallest cues. If you are angry then chances are your kids will be angry too.
Regardless of what you are doing always try to remember that spending time together with the kids should be fun. You need to relax and enjoy quality time together with your children. This way shoe shopping will seem less like a chore and more of a joy.
Measure Feet Size Frequently
Kids grow fast, so it becomes very important for parents to keep tabs on the requirements of their growing feet. Your child’s feet change with age; their feet can grow up to 1 mm per month. So always make sure to have their shoe size checked at a minimum of every six months.
Things to consider to get the most extended life out of that new pair:
- Feet are seldom exactly the same size, one foot can often be a half size larger than the other. Know which one of your child’s feet is larger. Use that size while purchasing the shoes.
- The new shoe should be 15-17 mm longer than the foot. If you are not able to measure properly then remove the insole out of the shoe. Have your child stand on it and check for the extra length that way.
Buy Shoes With Your Child’s Need in Mind
Every kid is different, no one knows your kid better than you. So before you buy exclusive baby shoes, have their needs in mind. If your kid is too young to tie shoelaces by themselves, then go laceless. Look for Velcro mock-laced or slip-on shoes. Do not buy shoes with laces until your kid learns to tie shoelaces.
If your kid is rough on his or her shoes, it is wise to invest in a good-quality pair that can stand up to the strain. Don’t just buy kid’s shoes because they look cute, but never compromise on their durability.
Purchasing Quality Shoes
Some of the features you should expect in premium quality footwear:
- Breathability: Kids’ feet sweat a lot, hence; always make sure you buy shoes made from breathable material to allow circulation to your kid’s feet. Plastic and some other man-made materials can trap sweat, and this wetness can also lead to a breeding ground for bacteria and fungus. Always keep your kids’ feet healthy and dry.
- Durability: Rubber soles are always durable. Always look for thick-soled shoes as they provide better cushioning and shock absorption for children on the go. Avoid kinky, flat soles as they provide little support and can lead to injuries. Shoe bottoms may wear out before your kid outgrows the shoe, so check regularly.
- Flexibility: Shoes that are too stiff and uncomfortable on the feet can lead to possible injury. Always inspect new shoes before purchasing; they should be brawny and slightly bendy. Avoid too flexible or too stiff shoes.
When you buy kids’ shoes, you should neglect the looks and focus more on durability and comfort. Ditch the shoes with pointy toes or high heels because they might look super trendy but will only harm your kid’s feet in the long run.
It is good to find a reputed online shopping store for kids to check out different sizes, colors, and patterns. This can save you the trouble of searching multiple stores to get comfortable and stylish shoes for your kids. Baby Couture is one of the most reliable online stores, which provide branded and high-quality products for boys and girls.